2019 TNMIC Conference
October 1 - October 2
Keynote Presenter: Rory Rowland
The Power of Transformational Leadership
• Empowers your team to be motivated and focused development of others
• Moral standards are the north star of the transformational leader
• Fosters an ethical work environment with clear values, priorities and standards.
• Gives you the tools to build a culture to move from an attitude of self-interest to a mindset of the common good
• Holds an emphasis on authenticity, cooperation and open communication
• Learn how you can transform your team with these powerful concepts
Coaching Skills for Winning Managers
Come learn how to excel at your leadership and management role. We discuss how to build a team that works together for common goals. Hear how to coach and motivate your team to be committed to success. Don’t miss this action and solution-focused workshop and learn the secrets to be an excellent coaching manager.
What Can I Expect to Learn?
• Learn techniques to effectively coach – say goodbye to “shoulda, woulda, coulda” coaching.
• Practice real-life coaching moments in a safe environment.
• Explore different approaches to coach for opportunities.
• Motivate your team; learn the value of intrinsic motivation.
• Discover the difference between difficult conversations to conversations that uncover and solve difficulties.
• Uncover the keys to WOW service!
• Develop your leadership skills that make a difference.
• Prevent resistance with a simple training technique.
• Unlock the mystery of the underperformer – what to do before you make the “I assumed error!”
• Challenge yourself to be an exceptional manager.
• Confront challenges before they become real problems. Ignore this at your own peril.
• Reveal the Pygmalion effect – is it standing between you and your success?
• Identify coaching moments that make a difference.
• How to leave a legacy – Don’t miss this powerful idea of leadership.
Rory Rowland is a business consultant and seminar leader specializing in programs on communication skills and management. After serving as president of two financial institutions and earning his CCUE, Rory began using his communication skills and wealth of knowledge to empower others to succeed.
David Griffiths: CU Movement Update & the Opportunities the Movement Provides
This session will review national credit union trends as well as delve into Tennessee specifics. We’ll also talk about career opportunities in the credit union movement and the hows to and the whys for making a career within the movement.