UT Federal Credit Union
Assists with all marketing, advertising, and community involvement efforts including project management, delivery of internal and external communications, collateral production, graphic design, video creation, event organization, event attendance, research, and general administrative assistance. Executes digital marketing tasks including website projects, content marketing, marketing automation, SEO, lead management, social media, and other web-based activities and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Serves as a brand ambassador for the credit union.
- Produces graphics/art for advertising, branding, promotional, and marketing pieces.
- Executes marketing automation strategy. Develop landing pages, templates, email templates, and online forms. Work leads developed through the automation strategy.
- Uses intelligent targeting and messaging platform to deliver the right offer to the right people at the right time.
- Monitors email deliverability and bounce rates to ensure emails are being received. Evaluates open and click-through numbers, using results to improve future mailings.
- Conducts financial education lessons for youth in the community via a budget simulation game.
- Assists with social media strategies and implementation. Manages social touch points.
- Assist with the coordination of community and sponsor events.
- Provides timely written and oral reports, and maintains excellent organization or written reports and other documentation.
- Supports other departments within the credit union by assisting with collateral creation.
- Represents the credit union as a speaker at credit union presentations and various meetings and promotions when needed.
- Participates in team meetings to discuss marketing plan and future objectives of marketing goals.
- Maintains marketing supply room, including keeping inventory.
- Provides administrative support to the VP Marketing.
- Assists in other marketing functions of the credit union as determined by the VP Marketing.
Understands the basics of all credit union products and services; can converse with current and potential members in a knowledgeable manner. Maximizes effective use of time; effectively prioritizes activities. Builds and maintains a network of key contacts in the general community and effectively utilizes the network to help accomplish goals.
Represents the credit union in a professional manner at all times; exhibits above average communication skills such as writing, public speaking and networking; and is comfortable in group settings; possesses excellent written communication skills. Must be highly motivated, independent, creative with good follow-up skills, energetic, and be a self-starter. The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to use design layout software. Adobe Suite skills strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage website content.
- Proficient proofreading skills a must.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Must present a professional and business-like manner and appearance.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from large groups of individuals.
- Availability to work extended or unusual hours to attend events. This includes occasional early mornings, after hours, and weekends.
- Maintains the skills necessary to perform successfully in this position, including creativity, time management, organizational skills, and marketing theory.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four-year college degree (preferably in a marketing, advertising, or graphic design field), and 3+ years practical experience in a marketing function for a financial institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence and newsletter. Above-average ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to existing and potential business partners, schools, and other groups within the membership or general community.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must know all the products and services of the credit union and be able to describe them in some detail. Must be aware of how a credit union operates, its policies regarding savings, lending, and checking account usage. Needs to have a level of knowledge and understanding sufficient to communicate effectively to others, i.e., a well-informed credit union representative.
The employee must be able to perform basic core functions on the credit union’s computer system that relate to account creation, account information inquiry and related functions. The employee will need to know how to operate a personal computer with such software functions as spreadsheet, word processing, database and some basic graphic lay-out.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to operate a motor vehicle. The employee must also be able to operate visual equipment such as VCR, overhead projector, flip chart, and slide projector in presenting information to groups.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. Employee will be out of the office a good portion of the time and will be required to travel between branches on occasion. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit utfcu.applicantpro.com.