For the sixteenth consecutive year, Ascend Federal Credit Union is raising the educational possibilities for its members with $1,000 scholarships.
Winners of the 2018 Ascend Federal Credit Union Scholarship, their hometown and their college, university, technical, or trade school include the following:
- Claudia Craig – Columbia – The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Mika Long – Lynchburg – The University of Tennessee
- Christine Craig – Columbia – Florida International University
- Zachary Philburn – Christiana – Brigham Young University
- Andrew Tomlin – Lynnville – Freed-Hardeman University
- Jordan Smith – Hendersonville – Belmont University
- Janna McClain – Old Hickory – Vanderbilt University
- Rikki Williams – Murfreesboro – University of South Carolina-Columbia
- Sarah McKay – Lebanon – Western Governors University
- Tabatha Wadford – Estill Springs – Middle Tennessee State University
- Brianne Shivers – Franklin – Liberty University
- Paige Rohrer – Franklin – The University of Tennessee
Details for Ascend’s 2019 scholarship will be posted at AscendFCU.org later this year. Ascend employees, officials and any of their family members are excluded from eligibility. Scholarship winners may reapply for the next academic year if they meet program requirements.
With more than $2 billion in assets and more than 185,000 members, Ascend is the largest credit union in Middle Tennessee and one of the largest federally chartered credit unions in the United States. The National Association of Federal Credit Unions (NAFCU) selected Ascend as the 2015 Federal Credit Union of the Year. Ascend is federally insured by NCUA.