Congratulations to all of the newly Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors in Tennessee! They are now part of a nationwide community of credit union professionals who took the initiative to achieve proficiency in financial counseling. This designation represents their dedication to bettering the lives of their members.
In 2022, 55 credit union staff obtained their Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor designation (CCUFC). Twelve of which participated in the Tennessee League’s very own Enhanced Financial Counseling Certification Program (FiCEP).
The Tennessee League’s FiCEP program enables all credit union staff to become more confident in helping members build a stronger financial future. The program is designed for credit union staff who work in the financial counseling, collections, and loan departments, or any other staff members who are committed to helping members gain control of their financial future.
Modeled after the CUNA Certified Financial Counselor Schools, FiCEP includes two parts of four learning modules each. Each participant who successfully completes the proctored exam for both parts is granted the Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CUCFC) designation and is ready and able to assist your members in reaching their financial goals.
Program Participation Benefits
- Proven financial counseling skills that become part of the credit union’s culture.
- Written for all staff so anyone can offer financial counseling during every member interaction.
- Certification that satisfies members’ needs as they rely upon the value of their credit unions.
- Differentiates a credit union by having certified financial counselors on its team.
- Helps members transform the way they deal with money through real-world counseling.
In addition to self-study education materials, this program includes:
- Welcome video by the instructor
- Eight (8) modules presented in print format for each student to read at their own pace
- Tutorial webinars following each module
- Printable study guides to accompany each webinar
- Online practice quizzes
- Take-away tool kits including budget spreadsheets, spending plans, tracking methods, and more
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list
- One virtual next steps training session to help participants learn how to use their new skills at work
- An online exam study session and proctored exam session
- An online FiCEP Community
- Weekly communications from League Staff
Registration will open later this spring. The investment for this training is $995. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Certified Financial Counselor and to add your name to the registration list, please contact Caroline Bays, member engagement coordinator.
|Ascend Federal Credit Union||Clinchfield Federal Credit Union|
|Melissa Bass||Kimberly Cantrell|
|Payton Braden||Copper Basin Federal Credit Union|
|Alan Carden||Jennifer Foster|
|Sarah Carter||Annie Henderson|
|Whitney Fleming||Horizon Credit Union|
|Liberty Ford||Tammy Gray|
|Frances Frelix||Melissa Woods|
|Jenny Hernandez||Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union|
|William Hutchinson||Tiffany Erickson|
|Candace Kerr||Leaders Credit Union|
|Adrianita Knight||Carrie Cantrell|
|Toneisha Lee||Evan Flora|
|Karen McCullough||Jonathan Newcom|
|Michelle Morgan||Shelley Pittman|
|Dominique Paschal||Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union|
|Brandee Perrin-Hall||Tyler Boldin|
|Tracey Pierce||Jake Cash|
|Kelsey Pruett||Jennifer Lee|
|Jessica Sardakowski||Valerie Stropp|
|Lyncia Sharpe||Tiffany Wolf|
|Brooke Stuteville||Trust Federal Credit Union|
|Horacia Taylor||Misty Anderson|
|Destiny Tillman||Sammi Carter|
|Tori Watts||Kara Fitzgerald|
|Y-12 Federal Credit Union|