Would you like to become more confident in helping guide members to build a stronger financial future?
The Tennessee Credit Union League’s Financial Counseling Certification Program (FiCEP) is designed to help empower credit union professionals to help credit union members to take charge of their finances. Something that is needed during today’s rising inflation, soaring interest rates and increased home prices.
The League’s program is offered at a special rate for Tennessee credit union professionals of $995 and the next self-paced cohort will begin this September.
Modeled after the CUNA Certified Financial Counselor Schools, FiCEP includes two parts of four learning modules each. Each participant who successfully completes the proctored exam for both parts is granted the Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor (CUCFC) designation and is ready and able to assist your members in reaching their financial goals.
Program Participation Benefits
- Proven financial counseling skills that become part of the credit union’s culture.
- Written for all staff so anyone can offer financial counseling during every member interaction.
- Certification that satisfies members’ needs as they rely upon the value of their credit unions.
- Differentiates a credit union by having certified financial counselors on its team.
- Helps members transform the way they deal with money through real-world counseling.
In addition to self-study education materials, this program includes:
- Welcome video by the instructor
- Eight (8) modules presented in print format for each student to read at their own pace
- Tutorial webinars following each module
- Printable study guides to accompany each webinar
- Online practice quizzes
- Take-away tool kits including budget spreadsheets, spending plans, tracking methods, and more
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list
- One virtual next steps training session to help participants learn how to use their new skills at work
- An online exam study session and proctored exam session
- An online FiCEP community
- Weekly communications from League staff