The Cooperative Trust is now accepting applications for its popular CRASH the GAC program. It’s an opportunity for emerging leaders to deepen their connection to the credit union mission at the Governmental Affairs Conference, the industry’s largest advocacy event of the year.
The Governmental Affairs Conference is the industry’s opportunity to highlight the meaningful work credit unions are doing to improve the financial well-being of their members and communities.
Here’s what to expect:
- Hear from world-class keynote speakers.
- Together with the Leagues, participate in Hill Hikes to meet with lawmakers and show them the credit union difference.
- Discover the latest offerings in the industry’s largest exhibit hall.
- Network with and learn from peers and thought leaders in credit unions, politics, business and more.
- Experience Washington in a unique environment with legendary receptions, meals and accommodations.
“Crashing the GAC is an experience I will always cherish,” said Kameran Laux, senior AVP of finance at US Community Credit Union and 2023 GAC crasher. “The people I met, and the information consumed, greatly enriched my life and career in the credit union movement. I most enjoyed listening to the stories shared by keynote speaker, Condoleezza Rice. Her stories left me feeling inspired to work twice as hard to serve our members and communities in the face of regulations that may threaten our ability to serve and build financial wellness.”
Act now! The deadline to apply for CRASH the GAC is Sunday, Nov. 19.
Photo Caption: Kameran Laux, holding sign, was Tennessee’s 2023 GAC crasher. Here she stands with US Community Credit Union leaders and volunteer board members during a Hike the Hill session.